HANDS-ON LEARNING BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
JAN. - AUG. 2018
RFM Technical Co-op Student
From a 4-month co-op extended into 8 months, I was able to assist the engineering team with Lean 6 Sigma projects, technical documents, and streamlining the engineering design change process.
- Tracked fleet reliability daily using MS Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, and Word
- Redesigned meeting boardroom to optimize efficiency and engagement at meetings
- Mapped out and created process flows (MS Visio)
- Trained new co-op students upon their arrival
JUL. - AUG. 2017
CANNON AUTOMOTIVE SOLUTIONS
Metallurgical Lab Analyst - Summer Volunteer Intern
To gain more work experience prior to university, I tested the physical properties of metal samples (Vickers hardness, tensile strength, coating measurements using a microscope) at Cannon.
- Worked independently and reliably
- Quickly learned new procedures and tasks
NOV. 2016 - SEPT. 2017
Working in the restaurant industry taught me how to multitask, think on my feet, and work as a team. I served 18 tables simultaneously and ensured customer satisfaction.
A BUSY SCHEDULE IS A PRODUCTIVE ONE WHEN FILLED WITH MEANINGFUL WORK